Sunday, May 09, 2010

Dinner Salad


There is a dinner salad . . . and then there is Dinner Salad. Two completely different things. This salad (or some variation) has been on my dinner menu a lot lately; I add almost any fruit, nut, and/or vegetable I have in the kitchen. It's not exactly what I would call comfort food, but it is a salad I actually look forward to eating - and it is quick and easy:

1. Start with mixed greens (I like the Earthbound Farms or Organic Girl varieties)
2. Toss with your favorite dressing (if you don't want to take time to make dressing, the T. Marzetti Berry Balsamic - it's in a jar, refrigerated near the salad mixes in stores - is pretty good)
3. Add your favorite toppings - this salad included:
apple, chopped
bell peppers, chopped
sliced almonds (toasted and sugared)
dried cranberries
chicken, cooked and cubed
terra sticks

No comments: